Subtraction is difficult.

my work << studio >> instagram @jooo_qii

During the spring break, I tried to draw some different styles of painting, such as illustrations and stick figures. At first, I thoughts it was very easy, I do not need to spend too much time, but when I actually started, I found that I was wrong.

Because I am an art student, so I practiced sketching for many years, and each of my paintings is complicated, this mode of thinking has became a habit, so when I want to reduce something, I found it difficult. I want every picture of me is perfect, so every line is necessary, and the result becomes another sketch as before. So, I tried to do some research, see what the illustrator’s work looks like.

When I see a favorite style, I will try it, and after I have painted for a few days, I accidentally see another style that I also think interesting and I will be influenced by the latter. As a result, I was lost again, unable to find my own direction, my own style, and my own drawing language ( or symbolic ). So, I tired to go back to my childhood, and look for my initial passion of drawing. There are too many things in my eyes, recognition, success, money, status, success, and so on. I want to become a special person, at the same time want to catch everything, these temptations trapped my hands and feet, so that we can not find our position, sometimes, we need to release these temptations, and find what is our really want.

It is easier to add something than to subtract something.

I may have found a method to express my topic ” how to build your self-positioning?”