The change I want to see

Last project, my topic is about drinking culture. I interviewed some friends, different age groups, different job nature, except those who like drinking, will not refuse alcohol, do not like drinking will change according to the situation. So I think about that why people always change their views or position easily, even if they did not want? Especially when they do not have a clear self-positioning. So, I extended my topic to self-positioning, which is also a process for personal self-reflection.

And I think the current social situation is convergence, like fashion, aesthetic, even life path, and so on. A lot of times, maybe you do not want to do this, but when you hear or watch too much, you start to doubt yourself, the view and position changed in a subtle way.

I did a questionnaire, about self-positioning, the result show that most people will change their view and position when they do not have a clear self-positioning, although they think they are very independent.

Especially for recent graduates, every student walks out of college with a dream, they have high expectation for their future. But the ideal is full, the reality is cruel, sometimes, they have to change their views, more than 90% respondents thought they would feel upset and confused because they didn’t do what whey wanted. They are also helpless, but can not change. And another reason is the blurring of cognitive boundaries.

There are some mutual aid websites that help special people find their identity (self-positioning), also have some artists try to find their positioning though art, like self-portrait.

I think it is very important for me now, I often ask myself like what job I can do? Which area I should belong to? And what else skill I should learn? I am very confused When I do not have a clear identity, maybe you get more done with less effort. This topic is very personally, but I think it is very practical. So I want to find a breakthrough, change the passive to active.